Gary Nikolits is a professional real estate appraiser with 38 years of experience appraising property in Palm Beach County.
Mr. Nikolits holds the Certified Florida Appraiser (CFA) designation awarded by the Florida Department of Revenue.
He is a past President of the Florida Association of Property Appraisers and a 25 year member of the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO).
Mr. Nikolits is certified by the 15th Judicial Circuit as an expert witness in real estate appraisal.
He served for eight years on the Riviera Beach City Council in the 1970’s and also served on the Palm Beach County Health Care District – Board of Directors from 2000 to 2004.
Mr. Nikolits was first elected Property Appraiser in 1992, and was recently
re-elected to his sixth term.
- The function of the Property Appraiser’s Office.
- How taxes are determined and by who.
- Current market conditions.
- Why property taxes can increase even when the market value decreases.
- “Recapture” – when the assessed value of a homestead property increases despite a decrease in its market value.
- Legislative changes affecting property owners.
- Portability and 10% cap on non-homestead properties.
- The various exemptions available.